Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot scan QR codes

My iPhone will not scan QR codes. I've read a number of threads on this and tried all proposed solutions to no avail. Yes, Scan QR codes is enabled in my Camera settings. Yes, I have re-started the phone multiple times. I've looked into QR scan apps, but they all seem to be bloated with pop-ups, or claim to be free but require subscription. Is there any solution to this problem?

iPhone 11

Posted on Apr 3, 2022 10:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 3, 2022 12:46 PM

I have done all of that. The corner lines surround the QR code, and when I click on scan, I get a message saying "no text detected." I tried turning off the option to scan text, but then I get no corner lines, and the scan button does not appear.

2 replies

Apr 3, 2022 12:26 PM in response to ConstanceC

You do not need any App to Scan QR codes on an iPhone.

Scan a QR code with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

1. Open the Camera app from the Home Screen, Control Center, or Lock Screen.
  2. Select the rear facing camera. Hold your device so that the QR code appears in the viewfinder in the Camera app. ...
  3. Tap the notification to open the link associated with the QR code.

Scan a QR code with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple ...

Cannot scan QR codes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.