Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Adressline in Safari

Please how to edit an address in Safari? Can not get this, or even heavy.

iPhone SE

Posted on Mar 26, 2021 3:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 27, 2021 1:13 PM

Nope. Single taping onto the Adresse selects whole the line, unable to alter a part.

See, what I found:

Double clicking selects a part, between - or dots, and THEN. I can move the cursor or writing-mark to the desired position, or delete a section of the line.

~ Thank you very much,

Karl

Have a nice evening or day.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 27, 2021 1:13 PM in response to OrigamiFan1

Nope. Single taping onto the Adresse selects whole the line, unable to alter a part.

See, what I found:

Double clicking selects a part, between - or dots, and THEN. I can move the cursor or writing-mark to the desired position, or delete a section of the line.

~ Thank you very much,

Karl

Have a nice evening or day.

Mar 27, 2021 7:43 AM in response to KarlPfeifferHarbachoed

Hi Karl,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you have a question about how to enter an address in the search bar in Safari on an iPhone. We're happy to assist.

We recommend starting with the guide here: Browse the web using Safari on iPhone There are some helpful visuals to assist you with entering text for an address in the Safari address bar.

If you're looking to browse privately, check you the guide here: Browse privately in Safari on iPhone

The following guides can also help you to use Safari on your iPhone:

Search for websites using Safari on iPhone

Use tabs in Safari on iPhone

Best!

Mar 27, 2021 11:55 AM in response to KarlPfeifferHarbachoed

KarlPfeifferHarbachoed,

Happy to help clarify. At the very top of the page the web address should show. Tap this and you can edit the text for the website link from there.

The article previously shared: Browse the web using Safari on iPhone, has a great visual at the very top of the page.

Look for the text "Enter a web address or search term, or quickly access your favorites". This line shows you were to tap to edit the text. Be sure to tap on the actual web address, as tapping the arrow will only reload the current page.

Best!

Adressline in Safari

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.