Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to reset screen broken iphone

my screen is broken and its pressing anywhere randomly, so i cant even write my password correctly. is there any other way to reset my iphone? please help me (i have mac if that makes easier).

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Mar 26, 2021 8:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 26, 2021 8:40 AM

You can do a restore via your Mac. Even if you cannot see your screen, this guide can be used. Your Mac will notify you when your phone is connected and ready to Restore.

1) Turn off your iPhone completely

2) Connect your Lightning Cable to your PC / Mac

3) Connect the cable to your iPhone - the moment the cable is in your iPhone, press and hold the Home Button until the device enters Recovery Mode. Recovery Mode is a black screen, with a computer and a cable icon.

On your computer. Now you can select Restore. 

Restore deletes EVERYTHING and restores your device to factory settings.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 26, 2021 8:40 AM in response to arinisa

You can do a restore via your Mac. Even if you cannot see your screen, this guide can be used. Your Mac will notify you when your phone is connected and ready to Restore.

1) Turn off your iPhone completely

2) Connect your Lightning Cable to your PC / Mac

3) Connect the cable to your iPhone - the moment the cable is in your iPhone, press and hold the Home Button until the device enters Recovery Mode. Recovery Mode is a black screen, with a computer and a cable icon.

On your computer. Now you can select Restore. 

Restore deletes EVERYTHING and restores your device to factory settings.

how to reset screen broken iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.