Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

touchscreen not working due to ios update and overheating

hello. i have a ipad mini from 2015. there was an ios update and clicked on it to install. after that the ipad got hotter and hotter, to the extreme and a black screen appeared with the notice that the ipad is overheating. i could not switch it off or do anything, put in on the table and after a couple of minutes it had cooled down. but since then, the touchscreen is not working anymore. i did a hard reset and eventually connected it to my pc for a factory reset. now the ipad is asking for the country, but still tocuh is not working. has anyone else encountered this problem and has a solution? due to the extreme heat, can the touch be damaged? but starting a ios update can't cause the ipad to overheat?! the ipad is six years old, but was still working well :-(

iPad mini 4, iPadOS 14

Posted on Mar 26, 2021 8:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 26, 2021 10:20 AM

If your iPad was really hot for a significant amount of time, it is possible some internal damage could have happened.

I suggest you search online to locate and call contact your nearest, “local” Apple Store location to try/attempt to make an appointment to get your Apple iPad Mini diagnosed and evaluated.

OR, failing that,

Contact Apple support via the contact support link located at the upper right hand corner of every Webpage of these Apple support communities.

Use the Device Performance and Connectivity support categories.

OR

by installing and using the Apple Support app found in the iOS App Store.

Tap the iOS App Store link below.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/apple-support/id1130498044

Best of Luck to You!

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 26, 2021 10:20 AM in response to alice1976

If your iPad was really hot for a significant amount of time, it is possible some internal damage could have happened.

I suggest you search online to locate and call contact your nearest, “local” Apple Store location to try/attempt to make an appointment to get your Apple iPad Mini diagnosed and evaluated.

OR, failing that,

Contact Apple support via the contact support link located at the upper right hand corner of every Webpage of these Apple support communities.

Use the Device Performance and Connectivity support categories.

OR

by installing and using the Apple Support app found in the iOS App Store.

Tap the iOS App Store link below.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/apple-support/id1130498044

Best of Luck to You!

touchscreen not working due to ios update and overheating

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.