touchscreen stopped working completely

the digitizer for my iPhone 12 pro max simply stopped working completely one day. I believe it was from the leather case that I purchased from Apple that might have had something to do with it. Summers in the high dessert of SoCal get intensely hot so I would remove it every time i had my phone on to prevent it from overheating, over time I started noticing an air socket on the top part of the screen close to the front speaker every time i pressed on it. I had read comments about how some cases will mess with the adhesive keeping the digitizer and the LCD screen intact resulting in the touchscreen malfunctioning. So what I want to know is if there’s a way for myself to find out if I can’t still fix the digitizer or is my only option to pay for a replacement which at the moment isn’t going to happen since I’m unemployed. Also i had factory reset the iPhone and since the touchscreen isn’t working, I can’t even turn it off I have to let the battery die to turn it off, I can’t even connect the iPhone to WiFi or Bluetooth. Please someone help me with simply figuring out if there’s anything I can do to use my iPhone again at least to control it with my other iPhone which I’m using rn through control nearby device or something

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 17

Posted on Oct 2, 2023 7:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2023 7:31 PM

There is no way to remotely control an iPhone. If the touchscreen isn't working, the phone needs to be repaired.

~Lyssa

Similar questions

1 reply

touchscreen stopped working completely

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.