Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Web scraping on mac

I am trying to pull URLs from web searches into Excel for the Mac using a macro. I have been able to pull in the search page and store it on a spreadsheet but it retrieves the page as if it took a screenshot, which truncates a lot of information (including the URLs). The ultimate intent is to automate a Google search on a topic by using the macro to retrieve resulting URLs, open those pages, search for keywords & store any hits on a spreadsheet. Once I have a URL (say of a news article), I have been able to copy the text on a spreadsheet, read it into a text string and use the InStr function to search for the keywords. The problem is getting the (intact) URLs from the Google search. There must be a simple way to accomplish this.

The macro includes the following:

sURL="http://www.google.com/search?q=" & <search term>

With ActiveSheet.QueryTables.Add(Connection:="URL;" & sURL, Destination:=Range("$A$1"))

.WebSelectionType = xlEntirePage

.WebFormatting = xlWebFormattingAll

.WebPreFormattedTextToColumns = False

.WebConsecutiveDelimitersAsOne = True

.WebSingleBlockTextImport = False

.WebDisableDateRecognition = False

.WebDisableRedirections = True

.Refresh BackgroundQuery:=False

End With

If WebFormatting is set to None, it doesn't pull anything in.

Posted on Mar 26, 2021 9:39 AM

Similar questions

There are no replies.

Web scraping on mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.