Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If I do a reset for content and settings, will my Apple ID be gone too? I mean do I need to enter my id and password again once I turn on my device?

If I do a reset for content and settings, will my Apple ID be gone too? I mean do I need to enter my id and password again once I turn on my device?

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Mar 26, 2021 12:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 26, 2021 12:25 PM

Yes. If you use erase all content and settings your device will reboot back at the welcome and setup screen and you will need to log your AppleID back in to complete setting it up again.

Erasing a device does not disable activation lock so the device remains bound to the AppleID that was signed into iCloud when it was erased.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 26, 2021 12:25 PM in response to melinutellaa

Yes. If you use erase all content and settings your device will reboot back at the welcome and setup screen and you will need to log your AppleID back in to complete setting it up again.

Erasing a device does not disable activation lock so the device remains bound to the AppleID that was signed into iCloud when it was erased.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.