Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Analytic data

Hi! I been scrolling through my analytic data and I keep finding a TON of bugs. I’ve sent some suspicious ones to a back up back up google account... and Lots of weird security certificates as well... any advice besides going to the carrier, backup and reset, etc..

iPhone XR, iOS 14

Posted on Mar 26, 2021 1:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 26, 2021 6:01 PM

There is nothing in analytic files that is understandable by mere mortals. Or more precisely, by anyone who doesn’t have access to the iOS Data Dictionary. The word “daemon” is the Unix term for any process that runs in background and provides services that can be used by the operating system and apps. For example, there is a “print daemon”, a “DHCP daemon”, and a dozen or more other daemons in a running Unix-based operating system like iOS. A daemon process by tradition is the process name with a “d” appended to it, such as wifianalyticsd in your example.

If you have any doubt about whether your phone was tampered with restore it to factory settings→Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support and do not restore a backup unless it was made before the tampering occurred.

Note that to plant any malware or spyware on the phone it must be in the physical possession of someone who knows how to do it while it is unlocked, and it requires at least 30 minutes, and usually much longer.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 26, 2021 6:01 PM in response to ShuntyC867

There is nothing in analytic files that is understandable by mere mortals. Or more precisely, by anyone who doesn’t have access to the iOS Data Dictionary. The word “daemon” is the Unix term for any process that runs in background and provides services that can be used by the operating system and apps. For example, there is a “print daemon”, a “DHCP daemon”, and a dozen or more other daemons in a running Unix-based operating system like iOS. A daemon process by tradition is the process name with a “d” appended to it, such as wifianalyticsd in your example.

If you have any doubt about whether your phone was tampered with restore it to factory settings→Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support and do not restore a backup unless it was made before the tampering occurred.

Note that to plant any malware or spyware on the phone it must be in the physical possession of someone who knows how to do it while it is unlocked, and it requires at least 30 minutes, and usually much longer.

Mar 26, 2021 1:44 PM in response to QuickTimeKirk

Normally I wouldn’t worry about them either, but in this case... it happened to be when someone else had my phone and there where id’s and remotemanagementd, misagent, commconsole, MTLcompilerservices, wifianalyticsd, nesessionmanager, the word “daemon” appears A lot.. I mean idk much but I don’t think I get my stuff anywhere but the App Store and I’ve never seen this before...

Analytic data

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.