Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

hotspot problem with Bigsur

I updated my MacBook Pro to Bigsur and the hotspot is not working properly. It connects to my iPhone but there is no internet connection. I tryied my iPhone with an HP laptop and everything is fine.

Do you know what to do?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Mar 26, 2021 3:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 28, 2021 1:24 PM

Hello, ceresole!

After reviewing your post, it seems like you are running into some network issues with your Mac. We definitely understand that not being able to connect your Mac to the internet reliably can be a concern and we'd love to help. Let’s start by reviewing the following articles, which may help with this issue:

Please let us know if you have follow-up questions, or if the issue remains unresolved. Have a great day!

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 28, 2021 1:24 PM in response to ceresole

Hello, ceresole!

After reviewing your post, it seems like you are running into some network issues with your Mac. We definitely understand that not being able to connect your Mac to the internet reliably can be a concern and we'd love to help. Let’s start by reviewing the following articles, which may help with this issue:

Please let us know if you have follow-up questions, or if the issue remains unresolved. Have a great day!

Mar 31, 2021 8:58 AM in response to ceresole

Thanks for getting back with us about this, ceresole. We understand the issue is persisting, so let's keep looking into this with you. Since another computer is able to connect to a hotspot provided by your iPhone, let's focus on your Mac for a moment.

We'd like to continue our investigation by determining exactly when this happens. First, test for this behavior in safe mode: Start up your Mac in safe mode.

Next, see if this behavior persists in a second user account on your Mac. If you don't have one you can use, please follow these steps to make a test account that can be deleted later: Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac.

Please let us know if the Mac functions with the hotspot correctly in either or both of those situations, and we will proceed from there.

Thanks and take care!

Mar 31, 2021 1:54 PM in response to ceresole

OK, thank you, ceresole. What that tells us is that there is something on your main user profile that is causing this behavior. We'd advise either creating a second account to use when you need the hotspot connection or testing the existing software on your main profile to see what might be causing it. You can begin by removing unnecessary programs and apps, then restarting your Mac and testing to see if the behavior is corrected.

Thanks for working with us on this and we're glad to see you are headed in a direction towards a resolution. Cheers!

hotspot problem with Bigsur

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.