Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Disconnection from wifi and mobile data

both my iphone 7 plus and my new xs max keep disconnecting from both the wifi and mobile data. it happens more frequently and is really annoying. the 7 plus is getting really hot when i use it. i have removed the case but it makes no difference.

the xs max has been replaced once, but still produced the same problem. it was sent in again for repair, but nothing was found apparently. it is still happening. both run on ios 14.4.2...

iPhone XS Max

Posted on Mar 26, 2021 6:42 PM

4 replies

Mar 28, 2021 5:01 PM in response to Joseph_S.

thank you, but i have already tried all of these. i’ve even asked for and installed a new sim card, but the problems remain on both iphones regardless of whether i’m on wifi or mobile data. however, i have no problem on my ipad!

i was hoping that the latest software update to ios 14.4.2 would help but unfortunately it didn’t!

strangely enough the problem first occurred when i started using the new x and whilst it was being checked over (and replaced with a new device) carried on using the 7 plus whichever was working fine. however after a few days it also started displaying the same symptoms. i had the wifi checked over by the provider, rebooted the router and did all of the recommended. nothing worked!

i am at a loss and very frustrated!

Disconnection from wifi and mobile data

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.