Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Find my iPhone app alternative number

Hi there, I remember there was an option to enter some else's phone number in my "Find my iPhone" app, so that if my phone was lost or stolen, apart from the sound and marking the phone as lost or stolen (showing the alert in a message on the screen), the previously selected phone number would also appear on the screen. Hence, the person who finds your phone would be able to locate the owner of the phone through that number (if you are lucky enough that your phone is in good hands!). Is this option still available? If so, where can I find it?

Thank you.

iPhone 8, iOS 14

Posted on Mar 27, 2021 1:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 27, 2021 1:05 AM

hello,

that's when you activate the lost mode, you can leave a msg to the person who finds it with the phone number you want

https://support.apple.com/en-ie/guide/icloud/mmfc0f0165/icloud

hope this helps

4 replies

Mar 27, 2021 1:11 AM in response to TonyCollinet

By the way - if your phone has been stolen, then it is quite likely that you will get texts to this phone number telling you that it has been found, and giving you a link to recover it. At the link you will be asked to enter your apple ID and password.

DO NOT DO THIS. It will be the scammers trying to get your apple ID so they can unlock the phone.

No one needs your apple ID to return your phone to you.

Find my iPhone app alternative number

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.