Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone pop-up message says I've been hacked

I was on my mobile and clicked on an image in Google search and was redirected somewhere and before the site even opened i received the attached pop up. I didn't click on anything and simply turned my phone off. Should i be concerned that i've been hacked?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone XR

Posted on Mar 27, 2021 3:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 27, 2021 3:55 AM

iPhones are not 100% hack proof but they are much better at security than compared to the competition. (In response to you saying “should I be concerned?”)

This type of message is a scam using scare tactics to fool people into downloading applications. 

As long as you have the latest software updates (Official updates only by Apple) and have not clicked any buttons on the site then you are safe but the best thing to do when you get these pop-ups is to not click any buttons shown by the site but instead open a new tab (opening a new tab is just to prevent you accidentally clicking the website button) and exit the browser and clear all browsing data to which I say later on.

Also this particular website scam are designed to gather IPs (Internet Protocols), geolocation (not your actual address but where your IP is located) and collect browser information in order to start displaying malicious advertisements. 

What you can do is make sure you have block pop-ups turned in the Safari settings by going to Settings > Safari > Under General see if Block Pop-ups is turned on

Another thing to as well is clear website data (this will clear all tabs so make sure you bookmark anything) you can do this by Settings > Safari > Advanced > Website Data > Remove all Website data 

And also you can go to Settings > Safari > Clear History and Website data 

This is the make sure you don’t have any leftover site data from the popup website.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 27, 2021 3:55 AM in response to charudal

iPhones are not 100% hack proof but they are much better at security than compared to the competition. (In response to you saying “should I be concerned?”)

This type of message is a scam using scare tactics to fool people into downloading applications. 

As long as you have the latest software updates (Official updates only by Apple) and have not clicked any buttons on the site then you are safe but the best thing to do when you get these pop-ups is to not click any buttons shown by the site but instead open a new tab (opening a new tab is just to prevent you accidentally clicking the website button) and exit the browser and clear all browsing data to which I say later on.

Also this particular website scam are designed to gather IPs (Internet Protocols), geolocation (not your actual address but where your IP is located) and collect browser information in order to start displaying malicious advertisements. 

What you can do is make sure you have block pop-ups turned in the Safari settings by going to Settings > Safari > Under General see if Block Pop-ups is turned on

Another thing to as well is clear website data (this will clear all tabs so make sure you bookmark anything) you can do this by Settings > Safari > Advanced > Website Data > Remove all Website data 

And also you can go to Settings > Safari > Clear History and Website data 

This is the make sure you don’t have any leftover site data from the popup website.

iPhone pop-up message says I've been hacked

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.