Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Record into a take folder

Hey!

Is there a way to record into a take folder without changing the selections I've already made on the previously recorded tracks inside the take folder?

Thank you!

Posted on Mar 27, 2021 6:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 27, 2021 9:13 AM

Hey there,

When you create a selection with quick swipe comping and you record a new take into the folder, it automatically discards your selection. A hack around this is to go ahead and record takes as you would. You will then want to duplicate this Comp.

Rename the Comps in a way that helps you stay organized. I recommend this set up:

The MASTER Comp will be your "best selections". When you want to record, please select "B-Takes".

This allows you the opportunity to keep your selections in the MASTER comp and when you want to record a new take, all you do is switch to the "B-Takes". You can record new takes here and when you switch to the "MASTER", you will find two things...

• Your Best Takes (selected by Quick Swipe Comping)
  • The New Recordings

Eddie G.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 27, 2021 9:13 AM in response to sailormoon94

Hey there,

When you create a selection with quick swipe comping and you record a new take into the folder, it automatically discards your selection. A hack around this is to go ahead and record takes as you would. You will then want to duplicate this Comp.

Rename the Comps in a way that helps you stay organized. I recommend this set up:

The MASTER Comp will be your "best selections". When you want to record, please select "B-Takes".

This allows you the opportunity to keep your selections in the MASTER comp and when you want to record a new take, all you do is switch to the "B-Takes". You can record new takes here and when you switch to the "MASTER", you will find two things...

• Your Best Takes (selected by Quick Swipe Comping)
  • The New Recordings

Eddie G.

Record into a take folder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.