Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 14.4.2 Apple Mail app idle battery drain

Since installing iOS 14.4.2 on an iPhone 12, the Apple mail app has been running in the background overnight and draining the battery while the phone is idle. I don't even use the Apple mail app since I use the gmail app for email. I rebooted the phone but it didn't help. This started happening after installing the 14.4.2 update. The idle battery usage was excellent before this update.

I'll update this if the problem goes away over time.

Posted on Mar 27, 2021 1:57 PM

13 replies

Apr 2, 2021 9:32 PM in response to owenw4rd

I’m having the exact problem. Overnight battery drain without any apps on background. Have you uninstalled the mail app? does it helps?

14.4.2 = Drain was 25% to 30% overnight

I’ve downgraded yesterday.

14.4.1= Drain was 7% and 12% the next day.

Does uninstalling the Mail app helps? Since I have Gmail, i don’t need this. Thanks in advance.

iOS 14.4.2 Apple Mail app idle battery drain

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.