Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Rosetta 2 Not installing.

Hi Apple community!

I just bought this M1 Mac Mini a couple days ago and after I updated it to the latest version I tried to load some of my Intel based apps (Spotify) and when it asked me to install Rosetta.. I click install and it opens another dialog but waits about half a second and errors out.

I've tried the commandline: /usr/sbin/softwareupdate --install-rosetta --agree-to-license errors out with "Install failed with error: An error has occurred. Please try again later.Rosetta installation" failed!

I found the Rosetta 2 updater file in S/L/CoreServices/Rosetta 2 updater and that errors out as well.

I'm wanting to know if this is a bug or was the file removed for other reasons. Should I reinstall MacOS?

Thanks, Scott.

Mac mini 2018 or later

Posted on Mar 27, 2021 2:07 PM

Similar questions

3 replies

Apr 2, 2021 11:30 AM in response to Pinguina82

I use a proxy to get online and even though I set the proxy in Network, some services do not go by that so I had to use my cellphone hotspot and it worked.. but not before I reinstalled everything twice which I guess wasn't necessary.

I would take it to a coffee shop or a place that offers internet and try to install it there. I live in out in the sticks and have very limited internet.

Rosetta 2 Not installing.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.