Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I've transferred my phone info to my new iPhone and need to get the old one ready to send for trade in. What do I do?

What do I need to do to clear my old Iphone to trade it in. I've already transferred my information to the new phone

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14

Posted on Mar 27, 2021 3:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 27, 2021 3:22 PM

Hello Laura,

You will be glad to learn that more than half the battle has been already won. It appears the you have successfully transferred you data from your old iPhone to your new iPhone. Have you ensured that everything is working correctly on your new iPhone? Ensure that you can make and receive calls and send and receive text messages. Once that is satisfactory then-

Follow the instructions in this excellent guide published by Apple which will inform you about ➔ What to do before you sell, give away or trade in your iPhone. Thanks.

Axel F.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 27, 2021 3:22 PM in response to laurafromleesburg

Hello Laura,

You will be glad to learn that more than half the battle has been already won. It appears the you have successfully transferred you data from your old iPhone to your new iPhone. Have you ensured that everything is working correctly on your new iPhone? Ensure that you can make and receive calls and send and receive text messages. Once that is satisfactory then-

Follow the instructions in this excellent guide published by Apple which will inform you about ➔ What to do before you sell, give away or trade in your iPhone. Thanks.

Axel F.

I've transferred my phone info to my new iPhone and need to get the old one ready to send for trade in. What do I do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.