Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do / can I update Ipad running iOS 13.7 with 12.5.2 to get security protection?

My Airpad Air 2 is one of those that’s just a bit too old and won’t take IOS 14 despite multiple tries. Now I can’t do the new security update of 14.4.2 and I read they issued 12.5.2 for the older devices to get the security needed. I’m on version IOS 13.7. Is there any way I can get an update that will give me the security I need?

iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi

Posted on Mar 27, 2021 5:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 27, 2021 7:10 PM

Your iPad is too far behind in iPadOS updates.

If you have access to a full computer, like a Mac or Windows PC, try either using the Finder on a Mac that has the newest macOS Catalina installed OR with an older Mac with an older Mac OS, download and install the latest iTunes version ( or latest iTunes for Windows PC ), make sure the Mac or Windows PC is connected to the Internet, connect your iPad by the USB charge cable to the computer and let the iTunes application upgrade/update that 2013 iPad Air model, using the iTunes Software Update feature, to its current, maximum OS of iPadOS 14.4.2.

Best of Luck to You!

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 27, 2021 7:10 PM in response to Mamainmars

Your iPad is too far behind in iPadOS updates.

If you have access to a full computer, like a Mac or Windows PC, try either using the Finder on a Mac that has the newest macOS Catalina installed OR with an older Mac with an older Mac OS, download and install the latest iTunes version ( or latest iTunes for Windows PC ), make sure the Mac or Windows PC is connected to the Internet, connect your iPad by the USB charge cable to the computer and let the iTunes application upgrade/update that 2013 iPad Air model, using the iTunes Software Update feature, to its current, maximum OS of iPadOS 14.4.2.

Best of Luck to You!

How do / can I update Ipad running iOS 13.7 with 12.5.2 to get security protection?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.