Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

music files disappearing when i open them

Example: I have a folder with 5 songs in it. I click on one song and it opens in Itunes. The song plays in Itunes but it disappears in the folder and there is only 4 songs in the folder left instead of 5. Any ideas?

Posted on Mar 27, 2021 6:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 27, 2021 7:31 PM

Your files are somewhere inside the designated media folder, but not where their metadata suggests they should be. And you have the Keep organized option enabled. Playing the songs adds it to the library if it isn't already there. and causes it to be moved to the proper place. Right-click on the track in iTunes and use Show In Finder to reveal the new location.

tt2

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 27, 2021 7:31 PM in response to Maysr

Your files are somewhere inside the designated media folder, but not where their metadata suggests they should be. And you have the Keep organized option enabled. Playing the songs adds it to the library if it isn't already there. and causes it to be moved to the proper place. Right-click on the track in iTunes and use Show In Finder to reveal the new location.

tt2

music files disappearing when i open them

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.