Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Siri won’t play my playlists.

Siri won’t play playlists from my library. Instead, Siri hears the name of the playlist I ask to play and finds a song from Apple Music instead. If I ask for my own playlist “R,” Siri plays a compilation of R&B songs. This has been going on for the last week.

Anyone else getting this? Any possible solutions?

iPhone 11 Pro

Posted on Mar 27, 2021 6:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 30, 2021 8:05 AM

Unfortunately, lots of identical experiences in various threads like this one. See also: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/252590554

No voice-activated workarounds thus far.

7 replies

Mar 29, 2021 10:39 AM in response to R924

Hello R924,

Playlists are a wonderful feature of Music, and being able to ensure Siri is able to locate the playlist is just as important. Since having issues with Hey Siri not playing the correct playlist have you attempted to restart the iPhone? If not, please restart the iPhone using the steps outlined in the following article.

Restart your iPhone

If you continue to have issues after restarting try the steps outlined in the following article.

If "Hey Siri" isn't working on your iPhone or iPad

Have a great day.

Mar 29, 2021 8:00 PM in response to i_rina

Hi. Thank you for your reply. I have gone through all the standard procedures including restarting my phone, turning Siri off then back on, and even restoring to a backup that didn’t show these issues.

Siri works well except with playing my playlists. I’ve already been scheduled for in-store consultation after none of the troubleshooting procedures worked.

Again, thank you.

Mar 29, 2021 9:17 PM in response to R924

same issue except she says she couldn't find that in  music. or in some cases she will play a song titled what the playlist I wanted was named but that song is on  music and not in my library or on my spoken playlist. im not entirely sure when this started but its been going on for a while.. super annoying that I paid a ton of money for a semi smart car with  car play and a house full of home pods but I can't play a simple playlist ive been using for 15 years lol at least not by asking siri to play it.

Siri won’t play my playlists.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.