Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem with photos app MacOS: Exporting a slideshow with videos as slides cuts off every video at 1 second

Hi,

I´m wondering if someone knows the solution for this problem. I´ve created a slideshow on the photos app on mac OS and now want to export this as video. Generally this works well, just every single video that is included in the slideshow is being cut off at about 1 second. I was hoping that the videos could be seen in full length and not treaded as a static photo slide.

I´ve tried to adjust the total length of the slide show to be longer, hoping that the videos would then be shown in full length, but unfortunately it´s the same problem.

Anyone experiencing the same problem ?

I would gladly create the video in iMovie, but I spent so much time on creating slideshows with titles in Photos already that I would not want to redo this entirely.

Maybe there is an option to transfer a photos slideshow to iMovie directly ?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Martin

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Mar 28, 2021 3:11 AM

Similar questions

4 replies

Mar 30, 2021 12:04 AM in response to TonyCollinet

Thank you so much for your help!

Indeed, choosing another theme helped and I was able to create the slideshow with full video lengths. Finally we were able to watch our 1 hour slideshow from a family vacation together and had a lot of joy.

Much appreciated.

I hope Apple realizes that this is a need and fixes the problem.

I would also like to see an option to load a slideshow into iMovie without rendering the video. It should not be so difficult to export a cutlist from Photos to be compatible with iMovie I guess and it would make video creation so much more powerful and easier.

Problem with photos app MacOS: Exporting a slideshow with videos as slides cuts off every video at 1 second

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.