Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to get English subtitles when living in a non-English region

I'm an expat living abroad in Denmark. My Apple TV only offers subtitles in Scandinavian languages. It is beyond frustrating, if I want to watch any film in another language, e.g. Parasite, or Another Round, mainstream Oscar films, there are no English subtitles available, even with my operating language set to English. Please Apple sort this annoying problem out.

QNQ7F,

Posted on Mar 28, 2021 4:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 28, 2021 5:36 AM

The iTunes Store features movies for resale as supplied by movie studios. Each studio and their local representatives/​affiliates can determine which languages they will support for that region, which will often be based on local customs and expectations of the majority. There is not much that a reseller can do about that, except maybe tell the studios that some expat customers really like English subs included. Feedback - Apple TV App - Apple

You can also voice your concerns directly at each of the studios, which may have more impact.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 28, 2021 5:36 AM in response to Will Armstrong

The iTunes Store features movies for resale as supplied by movie studios. Each studio and their local representatives/​affiliates can determine which languages they will support for that region, which will often be based on local customs and expectations of the majority. There is not much that a reseller can do about that, except maybe tell the studios that some expat customers really like English subs included. Feedback - Apple TV App - Apple

You can also voice your concerns directly at each of the studios, which may have more impact.

How to get English subtitles when living in a non-English region

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.