Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Default setting is English subtitles. I live in Denmark so only Nordic languages show in the settings in play mode. Why can’t I get English substitutes?

Default setting is English subtitles. I live in Denmark so only Nordic languages show in the settings in play mode. Why can’t I get English subtitles? It’s an American film so they must exist.

Posted on Dec 17, 2022 11:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 17, 2022 12:20 PM

The studio representation for your region, being the official supplier of the content, will decide what subtitles to include in that region. For some movie titles, that will include English. For other movie titles, that may not include English.

The iTunes Store pages list for each title which audio languages and subtitles languages are included, so that the buyer or renter can make informed decisions.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 17, 2022 12:20 PM in response to janefromvirum

The studio representation for your region, being the official supplier of the content, will decide what subtitles to include in that region. For some movie titles, that will include English. For other movie titles, that may not include English.

The iTunes Store pages list for each title which audio languages and subtitles languages are included, so that the buyer or renter can make informed decisions.

Default setting is English subtitles. I live in Denmark so only Nordic languages show in the settings in play mode. Why can’t I get English substitutes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.