Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App removal

I have an app that automatically attempts to log me in and then freezes. Removing the app and then reloading it to the home screen doesn’t work. I need to completely remove the app, make it forget my login details (which I have already deleted from passwords), and then reload it so I can see if it will work. Any suggestions?

iPhone 11

Posted on Mar 28, 2021 6:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 29, 2021 4:04 PM

debj_2280,,

Thanks for clarifying that you don't have that option. It sounds like you might have restrictions enabled.

To check go to: Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions > iTunes & App Store Purchases > Deleting Apps

Make sure that is set to allow.

For full details on restrictions, check this out: Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Take care!

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 29, 2021 4:04 PM in response to debj_2280

debj_2280,,

Thanks for clarifying that you don't have that option. It sounds like you might have restrictions enabled.

To check go to: Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions > iTunes & App Store Purchases > Deleting Apps

Make sure that is set to allow.

For full details on restrictions, check this out: Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Take care!

Mar 29, 2021 9:28 AM in response to debj_2280

Hey there debj_2280,

We understand you have app that becomes unresponsive when you open it and you want to completely delete the app and reinstall it. We'll be happy to help.

It sounds like the app is only being removed from the Home Screen and not deleted fully. With that in mind, try deleting it with the steps from the section "How to delete an app" here: Delete apps on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

If that doesn't work, move on to the steps from this page: If an app on your iPhone or iPad stops responding, closes

Cheers!

App removal

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.