Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i am trying to set up my iphone and it keeps asking me to "remote management" CNH Industrial will automatically configure your iphone" what is this and why can i not set up my account?

I am trying to set up this new iphone and it keeps asking for remote management, i do not understand what this is nor do i want to use it but it will not let me get passed this setting to finish setting up my iphone how do i get passsed this?

iPhone 7, iOS 14

Posted on Mar 28, 2021 8:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 28, 2021 8:33 AM

That message that you mentioned is indeed telling you that device is under a remote managed deployment by CNH Industries. That is exactly what that message means. I have no way of knowing the history of that device or how it came into your son’s possession originally.

But there is nothing you can do to get past that remote managed profile. That device will not allow you to set it up and use it if your are not an employee of CNH Industries and have a company login ID.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 28, 2021 8:33 AM in response to nehemiah7

That message that you mentioned is indeed telling you that device is under a remote managed deployment by CNH Industries. That is exactly what that message means. I have no way of knowing the history of that device or how it came into your son’s possession originally.

But there is nothing you can do to get past that remote managed profile. That device will not allow you to set it up and use it if your are not an employee of CNH Industries and have a company login ID.

Mar 28, 2021 8:19 AM in response to nehemiah7

Because you’ve purchased a used iPhone that is a corporate phone and is under a remote management system. There is no way for you to use it. Likely the person who sold it did not have permission of the company to even sell it, or it was an outright stolen phone.

CNH Industrial is a large multinational corporation, so it’s not surprising they use remote management on all their company owned devices. They do that in part for this specific scenario. Not allowing their company owned devices to be used without company knowledge or consent.

i am trying to set up my iphone and it keeps asking me to "remote management" CNH Industrial will automatically configure your iphone" what is this and why can i not set up my account?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.