Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Remote management credentials

Hi! I already got an iphone 11 and today i got another SE 2020 from the company i work for, but when i was tring to configure ithe SE it won't let me because Remote management. I was wondering how i could get those credentials. Thank you!

Posted on Mar 1, 2021 11:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 1, 2021 12:42 PM

Hmm, okay. What I'm referring to what Apple calls Mobile Device Management (MDM). This is typically used in both educational and business environments to control Apple devices (mainly, iPhones) that they own.

If your company was involved with this, then they would be familiar with the Apple Business Manager which is used to configure/control company assets. If neither of these makes sense to you or your company, the only other thing I can think of is that some form of configuration profile has been installed on this phone that is preventing you from reconfiguring it.

Ref: How to delete an app that has a configuration profile on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 1, 2021 12:42 PM in response to leontina-adriana

Hmm, okay. What I'm referring to what Apple calls Mobile Device Management (MDM). This is typically used in both educational and business environments to control Apple devices (mainly, iPhones) that they own.

If your company was involved with this, then they would be familiar with the Apple Business Manager which is used to configure/control company assets. If neither of these makes sense to you or your company, the only other thing I can think of is that some form of configuration profile has been installed on this phone that is preventing you from reconfiguring it.

Ref: How to delete an app that has a configuration profile on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Remote management credentials

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.