Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I delete photos from my icloud to free us storage space while keeping the photos on my phone?

How can I delete photos from my icloud to free us storage space while keeping the photos on my phone?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Mar 28, 2021 8:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 28, 2021 8:48 AM

You cannot. iCloud photo is a sync service so any changes you make are reflected on all connected devices and in iCloud. You will need to transfer those photos somewhere like a laptop or desktop computer hard drive before you delete them if you want to keep them.

Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 28, 2021 8:48 AM in response to Mindy5277

You cannot. iCloud photo is a sync service so any changes you make are reflected on all connected devices and in iCloud. You will need to transfer those photos somewhere like a laptop or desktop computer hard drive before you delete them if you want to keep them.

Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.