Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why does my texts show as coming from my email and not my phone? I have a new iphoe 11.

why does my texts show as coming from my email and not my phone? I have a new iphoe 11.

iPhone 11, 14

Posted on Mar 28, 2021 10:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 29, 2021 2:30 PM

Hello Randy6620,

Thank you for posting in the Apple Support Communities, and congratulations on your new iPhone 11.

We understand that text messages are being sent from your email address, and not your phone number. We’d like to assist by providing you with some steps that have helped resolve similar concerns in the past.

Is your phone number registered for iMessage? To check, tap on Settings > Messages, then make sure that your phone number is selected to be used for iMessage. For a visual guide, or to set up your phone number, use the steps in the below support article:

Add or remove your phone number in Messages or FaceTime

We hope this information is useful. Kind regards.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 29, 2021 2:30 PM in response to Randy6620

Hello Randy6620,

Thank you for posting in the Apple Support Communities, and congratulations on your new iPhone 11.

We understand that text messages are being sent from your email address, and not your phone number. We’d like to assist by providing you with some steps that have helped resolve similar concerns in the past.

Is your phone number registered for iMessage? To check, tap on Settings > Messages, then make sure that your phone number is selected to be used for iMessage. For a visual guide, or to set up your phone number, use the steps in the below support article:

Add or remove your phone number in Messages or FaceTime

We hope this information is useful. Kind regards.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.