Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Texts coming via email instead of Texts

Certain texts are coming to me via email vs. texts. Or when send to someone via text, it goes to their email? How do I get this to make sure they only go via texts?

iPhone 12, iOS 14

Posted on Sep 23, 2021 12:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 23, 2021 1:08 PM

Okay,

I have 2 ideas on what might help fix your issue:

1: Go to Settings>Messages>Send as SMS and make sure its toggled on

This is probably unlikely but the other idea of mine is to reach out to the people with Android and make sure they are Texting your Phone Number and not your email as I have had this issue happen to me before and that was the problem.

Your final option is you can reach out to US Cellular and ask them if there is anything wrong on their end and ask your friends to do the same.

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 23, 2021 1:08 PM in response to CountryGirl_123

Okay,

I have 2 ideas on what might help fix your issue:

1: Go to Settings>Messages>Send as SMS and make sure its toggled on

This is probably unlikely but the other idea of mine is to reach out to the people with Android and make sure they are Texting your Phone Number and not your email as I have had this issue happen to me before and that was the problem.

Your final option is you can reach out to US Cellular and ask them if there is anything wrong on their end and ask your friends to do the same.

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

Sep 23, 2021 12:41 PM in response to CountryGirl_123

Hello I think I know what you are talking about, Could you please answer a few questions for me for me to further help you?

1: Do you have a SIM card and Cell Phone network (This is different than a Data only Plan Commonly found in ESims)

2: Are you receiving messages from People with an Android or a non Apple Cellular device

3: Are your messages coming in on the Messages App with the name coming in as an Email Address or are Texts going to your inbox, Thanks :D

Texts coming via email instead of Texts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.