Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I add someone's email address so it is listed when I try to address an email?

How do I add someone's email address so it is listed when I try to address an email?

iMac 21.5″, macOS 11.0

Posted on Mar 28, 2021 5:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 28, 2021 6:49 PM

like QuickTimeKirk has already said, add them to the contacts. if they are already there, you needed to connect the contacts app to the mail app. that is something you need to do when adding your e-mail account to the mail app. when adding the account it asks you to select which apps you want to use with that account. you need to ensure contacts is selected in that step.

i've looked around to see if i could find where to add the contacts app to be used with my mail account and it seems as though you can only do that when setting up apple mail. if you didn't do it then, you will need to remove the account from the mail app and re-add it.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 28, 2021 6:49 PM in response to JimWinters

like QuickTimeKirk has already said, add them to the contacts. if they are already there, you needed to connect the contacts app to the mail app. that is something you need to do when adding your e-mail account to the mail app. when adding the account it asks you to select which apps you want to use with that account. you need to ensure contacts is selected in that step.

i've looked around to see if i could find where to add the contacts app to be used with my mail account and it seems as though you can only do that when setting up apple mail. if you didn't do it then, you will need to remove the account from the mail app and re-add it.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.