Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Email not working on iphone

The email app is no longer working on my iphone. I have deleted my account (several times) and added it back, but I keep receiving the following error "Cannot get Mail No password provided for Sbcglobal"

I go to Settings -> Mail and there is no place for me to enter a password??

iPhone XR, iOS 14

Posted on Mar 28, 2021 6:08 PM

6 replies

Mar 29, 2021 5:04 AM in response to GoVikes22

Remove your email account and set it up again

Make sure that all of your emails are there or make sure that your email is saved somewhere other than your device. On your device, go to Settings > Mail, then tap Accounts. Tap the email account that you want to remove. Tap Delete Account.

If you can't receive email on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch ...

If you can't send an email on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch

1. When you make an iOS or iPadOS backup in iCloud or iTunes, it backs up your mail settings, but not your email. ... 
  2. Make sure your device is connected to the Internet.
  3. Check with your email service provider to find out if there's a service outage.

More items...

If you can't send an email on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch ...

Mar 29, 2021 8:19 AM in response to AlexDaMan

Thanks for all of your replays - I appreciate it! I tried all of the above, but to no avail. After further research, I found out it was related to my sbcglobal.net account - apparently AT&T uses a security key (vs password) to email app access - I believe when I changed my email password a couple of weeks ago, it must have triggered their server to stop accepting my password for the iphone email app (though I was still able to access via web browser).

Email not working on iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.