Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to block unknown text messages with a viral link to a group of numbers - including mine

Is there an app or some service for iPhone that will block unknown senders from texting viral links to a group of 20 phone numbers? I am getting so many of these and going in and blocking the sender + 20 numbers each time is tedious and a real burden. I don't even get the option in the message on my phone to directly 'report' it.

iPhone X, iOS 14

Posted on Mar 28, 2021 7:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 29, 2021 9:02 AM

Go to Settings > Messages. Turn on Filter Unknown Senders. Note: You canʼt open any links in a message from an unknown sender until you add the sender to your contacts or reply to the message.

Block, filter, and report messages on iPhone - Apple Support

For SMS /MMS contact your carrier.

Similar questions

7 replies

how to block unknown text messages with a viral link to a group of numbers - including mine

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.