Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to update ipad to iPadOS 13.6.1

On the storage "other" seems to occupy most of the storage even if most of the apps are already offloaded and deleted some. it was suggested to update to iPadOS 13.6.1 however mine is still 12.5.2.

How do I update it? my unit is the ipad air 1.

iPad Air Wi-Fi

Posted on Mar 28, 2021 10:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 28, 2021 11:08 PM

iPad Air first generation tops out at iOS 12.5.2.

That iPad lacks the necessary hardware to run iOS 13 and later.

Your available option here is a newer or new iPad.

There are no hardware upgrades for any iPad models.

3 replies

Mar 29, 2021 5:35 AM in response to anabelle275

Other is directly related to what you’ve asked the device to do. Once in a while, Other gets that wrong and a back up, reset and reload, and backup restore can resolve that Other usage. But more often than not, the Other data usage is normal for what has been requested and it just rebuilds itself. A bottom-end iPhone storage model can tend to be “under-purchasing” for many, too.

Per Apple: Other: Non-removable mobile assets, like Siri voices, fonts, dictionaries, non-removable logs and caches, Spotlight index, and system data, such as Keychain and CloudKit Database. Cached files can't be deleted by the system.

how to update ipad to iPadOS 13.6.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.