Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AppleCare+ (w Theft and Loss) Thoughts

New phone. Plan to get AppleCare+.

I've always kept my phone close and thankfully never had accidents nor loss.

Still, do you think it's worth getting the T & L on top of the AppleCare+?

(BTW why is iPhone 12 not an option to choose for Device?)

iPhone

Posted on Mar 29, 2021 1:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 29, 2021 1:13 PM

It really is a matter of personal comfort level and your finances. If you buy it without T&L and it gets stolen next week you will be kicking yourself. If you're like us (careful) and are on our 4th generation of iPhones without loss then you'll be smiling because with what you saved on not buying AppleCare you can buy your next phone with the savings. Remember, it's a bit like the lottery and the only guaranteed winners at the ones holding the lottery.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 29, 2021 1:13 PM in response to junobear

It really is a matter of personal comfort level and your finances. If you buy it without T&L and it gets stolen next week you will be kicking yourself. If you're like us (careful) and are on our 4th generation of iPhones without loss then you'll be smiling because with what you saved on not buying AppleCare you can buy your next phone with the savings. Remember, it's a bit like the lottery and the only guaranteed winners at the ones holding the lottery.

Mar 29, 2021 1:15 PM in response to junobear

You have to judge the risk for your circumstances . Compare that to the cost of adding all-risks to your household insurance

Insurance companies that underwrite the cover will do the same risk assessment.

Possibly the common occurrence of cycle-by street theft in my country is the reason AppleCare+T&L is unavailable on any phone at all here.

AppleCare+ (w Theft and Loss) Thoughts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.