Newsroom Update

New features come to Apple services this fall. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari back scroll ( double finger swipe)

Hey, I am using a Macbook pro m1.

I am quite used to the double finger swipe to go back to the previous page on safari. Recently l, I found out that, while using Safari, I can only do the swipe while I am on the top of the webpage. If I scrolled down to middle, or the end, it will not work. I have to scroll up back to the top of the page again to go back. All the other gestures works fine. This problem persists only for safari, works fine with all other browsers. What's more weird is that, it has no problem while I am using magic mouse gestures.

I dont use mouse for everyday use, if anybody has a solution please share it.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Mar 30, 2021 1:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 30, 2021 4:33 AM

Startup in Safe Mode.   https://support.apple.com/lv-lv/HT201262

Login to your account. Launch Safari and test.

Click  in the menu bar and choose “Restart”.

Test Safari.

Similar questions

2 replies

Mar 31, 2021 2:19 PM in response to dominic23

Tried in safe mode. Still has the same issue.

A bit more info on the problem. I noticed that YouTube and google websites have this issue more, while apple websites ( like this one or apple.com) doesn't have it at all which is genuinely confusing.

I don't think its a trackpad issue either, because if I am on the top fo webpage the gesture works 100% of time. but if I scroll down, then can't go back.

Works fine in all the other browsers except Safari.

Safari back scroll ( double finger swipe)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.