Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

safari couldn't support touchpad gesture

Hello

my current macOS is 10.15.15

I encountered the problem that I couldn't go back to the previous page on safari by using two fingers swipe right on my touchpad sometimes.

I haven't encountered this issue before I upgrade

please help to solve this issues, since it's the very basic function and it's annoying when browsing online using safari.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jun 16, 2020 12:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 16, 2020 6:33 AM

Resetting SMC and NVRAM are not "drastic" measures. They are simple procedures that may solve a number of issues, and have no real downside. I doubt that in the present case they are going to help, but they certainly would not hurt.

Similar questions

5 replies

Jun 16, 2020 1:16 AM in response to megoyang

megoyang Said:

"safari couldn't support touchpad gesture: [...] I encountered the problem that I couldn't go back to the previous page on safari by using two fingers swipe right on my touchpad sometimes.[...]it's the very basic function and it's annoying when browsing online using safari"

-------

Reset your SMC and your NVRAM:

Sometimes changes are made to the system(i.e. updates) and then settings (i.e. for the Touchpad) become manipulated, technically. So, reset both on your Mac.

Jun 16, 2020 6:20 AM in response to TheLittles

TheLittles wrote:

megoyang Said:
"safari couldn't support touchpad gesture: [...] I encountered the problem that I couldn't go back to the previous page on safari by using two fingers swipe right on my touchpad sometimes.[...]it's the very basic function and it's annoying when browsing online using safari"
-------

Reset your SMC and your NVRAM:
Sometimes changes are made to the system(i.e. updates) and then settings (i.e. for the Touchpad) become manipulated, technically. So, reset both on your Mac.

You are far too cavalier about recommending this. These are last resort steps when all else fails.

safari couldn't support touchpad gesture

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.