Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

History of Apple ID Login Requests?

I just got an alert on my iPhone SE 2020 from a foreign city in a foreign land (and it had a nice map), asking permission to login. I clicked do not allow.

After changing my password and logging all devices out... how do i see this notification again to write down the city/country or see the map? All my googling says there is no saving of Notifications... surely there is a law requiring cybercrime activities to be recorded?

Help please!

iPhone SE, iOS 14

Posted on Mar 30, 2021 7:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 30, 2021 7:43 AM

Please read this link and learn "What to do after [or before] you change your Apple ID [email address] or password" --> https://support.apple.com/HT204071 - "After you change your Apple ID email address or password, you might need to update your sign-in information with any Apple services you're using." - You may also wish to turn off "Find My" before changing information and turn it on again afterward.

As for the record, I am not familiar with any history being kept. If Apple has a record they are not making it public. As for laws, this is an international forum so it will depend upon where you live.

If you want to start your own record, do a screenshot of your device when you get that kind of notice.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 30, 2021 7:43 AM in response to Mother_Screng

Please read this link and learn "What to do after [or before] you change your Apple ID [email address] or password" --> https://support.apple.com/HT204071 - "After you change your Apple ID email address or password, you might need to update your sign-in information with any Apple services you're using." - You may also wish to turn off "Find My" before changing information and turn it on again afterward.

As for the record, I am not familiar with any history being kept. If Apple has a record they are not making it public. As for laws, this is an international forum so it will depend upon where you live.

If you want to start your own record, do a screenshot of your device when you get that kind of notice.

Mar 30, 2021 12:57 PM in response to Mother_Screng

I wasn't getting angry, I just couldn't see what you would do with that data. It really sounded like you wanted to 'get back' at the people trying to log into your ID. Note that the people could be using VPNs to hide their IPs or just never using the same IP twice. If you're finding the service Apple provides is working then I'd just let them do it because otherwise you could be under a mountain of data.

If you wish to talk to Apple about this:

Contact Apple for support and service --> "See a list of Apple phone numbers around the world."

Click here --> https://support.apple.com/HT201232

Mar 30, 2021 9:04 AM in response to Mother_Screng

Apple may have the data but if they do they are not sharing it, nor are they going to announce to the world any details about steps they are taking to increase security. That would just tell the people trying to get around the security what Apple was up to. What would you do with the data anyway? I doubt the police in some country across the world are going send a SWAT team to a cafe to see if somebody there has an iPhone trying to log into your device on your say-so.

Mar 30, 2021 12:36 PM in response to Limnos

No need to get angry! I already had marked the topic Solved so your whole reply is just a triggered trolling.

1) If I just downloaded an app or game from said country, id uninstall it and report it to apple.

2) I would be on the lookout for additional attacks.

3) You should read this article https://www.kaspersky.com/resource-center/definitions/what-is-an-ip-address so you begin to learn internet basics. Id block the IP range of their service provider at the router level and on my webservers.

4) I wouldn't alert the foreign police - I dont speak arabic - but i might possibly alert US authorities.

Please stop harrassing me with your nonsense after the problem was already marked Solved.

Mar 30, 2021 12:43 PM in response to Mother_Screng

Mother_Screng wrote:

No need to get angry! I already had marked the topic Solved so your whole reply is just a triggered trolling.

Just because someone disagrees with you doesn't mean they are angry.

Please stop harrassing me with your nonsense after the problem was already marked Solved.

Posting in a thread marked "Solved" is not "harrasing" anyone. As long as people adhere to the terms of use, they may post in a thread, solved or not. If you're not interested in any further replies, don't read them.

History of Apple ID Login Requests?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.