Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

separate icould and itunes account

Several years back I setup my kids iPads with a separate icloud and itunes accounts. The iTunes account was a shared account for app purchases and their i cloud was their personal account for cloud storage and to use facetime, imessage, etc. This was all setup before family sharing was introduced.

I recently got them a new iPhone 11 and trying to set it up the same way but cant for the life of me figure this out.

Can I still have a separate iCloud for them (use their existing one) and link all purchases (past and future) to my itunes account? If so, how do I do this?

If not, am I forced to use family sharing now?

Any advice would be appreciated.

thank you

iPhone 11

Posted on Mar 30, 2021 7:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 30, 2021 9:36 AM

You’ll restore a backup from the iCloud account then go to Settings > their name > Sign Out > Sign out of Store only. Then you can sign back into only iTunes/App Store with the other ID.

Truthfully, Settings up Family Share would be much easier and more ideal more tho.

1 reply

separate icould and itunes account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.