Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

trying to set up family sharing

my kids have there own ipads and ive tried setting up family sharing a couple time and couldnt figure it out so i just let it go until just last night my daughter had access to my card and spent a lot of money so i am now taking the time to get everything setup. i was wanting to know how to setup that up both of there ipads are set up with there own apple ids now i was wondering if i had to set up another one for them or if i could just put there current one on here. thank you

Posted on Jan 8, 2022 10:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 8, 2022 10:25 AM

If they already have an Apple ID, you can use that one, you don’t need to create a new one entirely. Assuming they are not usinfg your own Apple ID. If they are, then yes, you would need to create a new one for them.

See here: link-> Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support

For children under 13 see here: link-> Create an Apple ID for your child - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 8, 2022 10:25 AM in response to Mena76

If they already have an Apple ID, you can use that one, you don’t need to create a new one entirely. Assuming they are not usinfg your own Apple ID. If they are, then yes, you would need to create a new one for them.

See here: link-> Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support

For children under 13 see here: link-> Create an Apple ID for your child - Apple Support

trying to set up family sharing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.