Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

OSwatch 7.3.3 Update

I have an Apple Watch 6. I have not been having any battery challenges and I’ve been averaging 18 to 20 hours of battery life each day. Ever since the 7.3.3 update, I am getting approximately 7 to 8 hours of battery life. This is true even while I’m sleeping. I can go to bed with a 100% charge and wake up with the watch dead after seven hours. I’ve tried restarting the watch, and restarting my phone. I’ve unpaired the watch and repaired it. I’ve done a hard reset of the watch and paired it as a new watch. This watch has quickly gone from my favorite tech toy to a regular source of frustration in the last five days. Noting that you can’t undo this latest update, does anyone have any suggestions regarding how to fix this. I know that there are settings I can change to reduce the battery drain, but I’d rather just have things as they were on March 24.

Apple Watch Series 6, watchOS 7

Posted on Mar 30, 2021 10:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 30, 2021 11:02 AM

See the replies to:

Apple Watch battery draining fast after 6… - Apple Community

for similar situations. What seems to work in most cases is unpairing the watch, completely erasing it, then pairing and restoring the backup.

42 replies

Apr 8, 2021 9:34 PM in response to HubbStar

Here Are 5 Things You Can Do To Improve Battery Life:

• Do you have a cellular model? If so, when cellular data is turned on with the Apple Watch it can drain quite a bit of battery.

• Your battery could also be draining due to apps open in the background. To close them, push the side button next to the Digital Crown to open up the dock, then swipe left on the apps to close them.

• Battery shortage could be caused by the Always On Display and the brightness of the Apple Watch. It can all be managed in Settings — Display & Brightness — Always On (toggle off). From there you can manage the brightness with the brightness slider.

• Wake on Wrist Raise. When this setting is on, it takes up a bit of battery due to using the in built sensors of the Apple Watch constantly detecting when you are raising your wrist in order to turn on the display. To turn it off, go to Settings — General — Wake Screen — Wake on Wrist Raise (turn off).

• Applications. If your Apple Watch has lots of apps and a lot are open in the dock, it takes up quite a bit of storage and RAM putting a bit of pressure on the Apple Watch.

May 10, 2021 12:05 PM in response to HubbStar

MEEEE TOOOOO.

I have the original Series 1 watch, as does my daughter. They both were working just fine until this weekend. Now they both show what you see in the image. I did the unpairing, resetting...EVERYTHING, for BOTH WATCHES. I found it interesting they both got funky at the same time. I went to chat with apple...twice....nothing worked. I think it unfair to expect me to dish out good money to repair or even buy new watches just because THEIR update killed them! Apple...ARE YOU READING THESE COMMENTS? I want a free replacement! My charger and the usb port are both apple issued..not generic. I must say that I'm happy I've found others with the same problem...sad to here you all seem to have newer versions and are so messed up. Will someone from APPLE reach out to us???????

Mar 31, 2021 12:36 PM in response to HubbStar

Absolutely 1000% agreed.

I had no any complains whether on 7.3.2 nor on any previous versions.

My 40mm Watch Series 5 had always 25-30% before I go to sleep.

Three days ago I have unfortunately upgraded to 7.3.3 and the battery started to hold the charge barely by 1% at 11 PM.

It is 9:16 PM now and the charge already left to only 13%. That is completely insane and unacceptable.

What have been changed in 7.3.2 compared to 7.3.3 that the battery behaviour could be so drastically changed?

It is just a minor update.

Ok, Tim Cook, I was thinking that there something stuck in settings, so I have completely erased my Apple Watch, unpaired it and configured again as a new Apple Watch, without even restoring from backup. Actually I never backed up my watch.

And guess what? Nothing has changed completely in battery behaviour. The battery just drained full by 11 PM again. Time to sleep then.

Thanks for a great _MINOR_ update, Apple. Have a good nicht!

Apr 3, 2021 8:03 AM in response to HubbStar

FWIW - I started having this issue after 7.3.2 released on my Apple Watch 6. Per forum advice at the time, I disabled the hand washing "remind me to wash my hands at home" geofencing and that resolved the issue. 7.3.3 brought the battery problem back with a vengeance -- battery life is now worse but that setting is still disabled.

To be clear, backup and restore is a pain and I do not want to do that.

(Sorry this isn't more helpful - just want to express solidarity and hopefully do my tiny bit to help apple realize that this is a problem.)

Apr 4, 2021 5:07 PM in response to HubbStar

Mine too is also draining fast.. I have the latest apple watch with the latest WatchOS and it gets roughly 4-5 hours now. It is already down to 8% battery life. it was 100% when i put it on at around noon. Each occurrence i have to take the watch off reboot it and then it works fine for a day or so, then back to the fast drain again. I have even unpaired it once and reset it up and that worked for a short time, then it goes back to draining fast.. Any other Ideas? Is this a known issue with 7.3.3?

Thanks in advance

Apr 5, 2021 3:20 PM in response to twalla

Soooooooooo frustrating! I got rid of my whoop strap and was just relying on my Apple Watch (which still leaves much to be desired as far as being on par with whoop/oura, etc. but i digress). By the time I’m done with my first 90 minute exercise bout, my watch is done. I’ve had to charge twice in a day since this new stupid update.

PLEASE FIX THIS ISSUE APPLE! I’ve unpaired/paired, I’ve turned off all of the app tracking/refresh stuff (which just randomly turned on when updated) and still no fix. I know Apple is notorious for draining batteries after an update (remember when they got caught a few years ago?) but I’d like to think this is not the case now.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Apr 8, 2021 8:58 PM in response to JaniceLynn85

Same here,I’ve just bought the series 6 a few weeks ago and the battery drain is pretty bad.I have to be checking my watch’s battery percentage every time during the day to see if I’m good or not.It’s very frustrating.Also during the nights the battery percentage drains like crazy.For example,Its at 85% the night before and when I wake up the next morning it’s already at 70%.Watch OS 7.3.3 is a pain, APPLE PLEASE FIX!!

Apr 15, 2021 9:38 AM in response to HubbStar

I'm so annoyed. I noticed that this update impacted my battery life, too. I just got the iPhone 12 Pro Max and after pairing it with my Apple Watch 6 Cellular, the latter's battery life has plummeted. I've upaired it as recommended here and it seems worse than ever. Just a few days ago, I'd charge it around 8pm and wake up to see it at 95%+. When I woke up this morning at around 7am, it was at 76% and it's now at 65%. It's only 9:36am. I'm still at home and there are no major energy demands on it.

OSwatch 7.3.3 Update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.