Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Library Albums

Hi,

I'm a new user of Apple Music. I notice that Apple Music automatically adds music or albums of certain artists to my Library. I only wish to listen to Music stored in my own library, either in the Cloud or from my PC's hard drive. I did remove the check mark in options from updating info automatically (which is another frustrating subject as I like the original LP covers of an Album, and Apple Music forces it's own cover). But unchecking that option doesn't seem to help with adding music automatically. I just want more control over my music library. Thanks,

Mike

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Mar 30, 2021 12:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 31, 2021 6:40 AM

It seems like you're problem is the iCloud music library.

Apple automatically uploads music to the cloud at the store-bought quality and replaces the album art.

I've had some trouble with this feature myself because sometimes there are identical versions of the same song on iTunes.

Since I use my iCloud library, I just decided to delete my ripped CD files in place of the store-bought versions.

You can turn off the iCloud music library by navigating to Edit / Preferences / General and right below the library name box should be the iCloud music library option.

Hope this helped. :-)

-Casey Black

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 31, 2021 6:40 AM in response to blueleo65

It seems like you're problem is the iCloud music library.

Apple automatically uploads music to the cloud at the store-bought quality and replaces the album art.

I've had some trouble with this feature myself because sometimes there are identical versions of the same song on iTunes.

Since I use my iCloud library, I just decided to delete my ripped CD files in place of the store-bought versions.

You can turn off the iCloud music library by navigating to Edit / Preferences / General and right below the library name box should be the iCloud music library option.

Hope this helped. :-)

-Casey Black

Library Albums

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.