Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Syncing Music

Apparently we can no longer sync music across devices without an Apple Music subscription. Is that correct? If so, here is my issue. I have a fairly large music library created via songs from my CD library. I suspect that if I subscribe to Apple Music, that application will then take control of my music library and do its own adds/substitutes. I do not want Apple Music to 'take command' of my music library and do its own adds and deletes without my permission. I want my music library to remain music I have downloaded from my own CDs. Am I correct with my concern that Apple Music will take ownership of my music library and possibly make changes that I have not asked for?' I want my Music Library to remain music I have downloaded from my CD library. If Apple Music makes its own changes to my library, then I need to find a different online music app.

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Jul 26, 2021 2:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 26, 2021 6:25 PM

trbmbb wrote:

Apparently we can no longer sync music across devices without an Apple Music subscription. Is that correct?

No, it is not correct. You can sync an iPhone or iPad to your iTunes/Music library without a subscription. Connect via USB and follow these steps:

Sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod using your computer - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 26, 2021 6:25 PM in response to trbmbb

trbmbb wrote:

Apparently we can no longer sync music across devices without an Apple Music subscription. Is that correct?

No, it is not correct. You can sync an iPhone or iPad to your iTunes/Music library without a subscription. Connect via USB and follow these steps:

Sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod using your computer - Apple Support

Syncing Music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.