Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

what's worth it more an iphone or an ipad?

Hi,

my question is my big dilemma, what is worth it more, buying an iphone, or buying an ipad.

I consider between iphone 12 mini and ipad air 2020

I have an older ipad 2018 9.7 32gb and using a huwei p20pro as a phone. since I have the opportunity to buy a new device at my provider. I really like ios, used iphone 4 5 6 back in the days, but apple phones are pricy. the 12 mini costs the same as the ipad air 2020 LTE version. (both 64gb)

which one worth it more?

I would like to have an iphone again, but I consider the price a little too high, because for that I can buy a tablet with bigger screen. But I already have an ipad, which works okay, getting a little slower. Also my huawei works fine, just 2yrs old

so is it worth buying an iphone 12 mini or an ipad air4?

or just skip them and wait for the next line of products at the end of the year?

thanks for help

iPad, iPadOS 14

Posted on Mar 31, 2021 4:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 31, 2021 5:47 AM

Direct comparison of an iPhone and iPad is folly.

Whilst the two platforms share some capabilities and features, they differ in many significant ways - not limited to both physical and screen size, iOS versus iPadOS (the differences in capabilities are substantial).

Which do you need more? Something small and portable, or a large screen with multi-tasking?

A common and pragmatic solution to this conundrum might be to consider one of the more advanced models of iPad (large screen and high performance) and one of the lower specification iPhones (e.g., iPhone SE or similar). This provides the best of both worlds - for sensible money - if budget is limited. In considering iPad and iPhone together, you have all the benefits of iCloud integration between your devices.

As an alternative you might flip the strategy. If your own needs lean towards a higher specification iPhone over iPad, choose a current iPhone12 from the range to suit immediate needs and budget, and choose a lower specification iPad.

Only you can decide upon your needs.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 31, 2021 5:47 AM in response to dandy06

Direct comparison of an iPhone and iPad is folly.

Whilst the two platforms share some capabilities and features, they differ in many significant ways - not limited to both physical and screen size, iOS versus iPadOS (the differences in capabilities are substantial).

Which do you need more? Something small and portable, or a large screen with multi-tasking?

A common and pragmatic solution to this conundrum might be to consider one of the more advanced models of iPad (large screen and high performance) and one of the lower specification iPhones (e.g., iPhone SE or similar). This provides the best of both worlds - for sensible money - if budget is limited. In considering iPad and iPhone together, you have all the benefits of iCloud integration between your devices.

As an alternative you might flip the strategy. If your own needs lean towards a higher specification iPhone over iPad, choose a current iPhone12 from the range to suit immediate needs and budget, and choose a lower specification iPad.

Only you can decide upon your needs.

what's worth it more an iphone or an ipad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.