Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The iPhone “iPhone” could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (4014)

Hola hola!

I tried to update my iPhone 7 Plus and it didn't want to turn back on. I've tried to do different things like to press and hold both the Side (or Top) button and the Volume Down button... (didn't work)

I connected my phone to my computer, and it was in recovery mode, asked me to restore the phone... I did but didn’t work.

Then I updated my computer's software, tried again, and today I was able to see at least the Apple Logo... but then the screen is like dark blue and goes off and this is what I'm getting: The iPhone “iPhone” could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (4014)

I already change the cable to try the whole thing, but I just get the same.

I appreciate any suggestions.

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Mar 31, 2021 1:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 31, 2021 1:54 PM

lucía0686 wrote:

Hola hola!
I tried to update my iPhone 7 Plus and it didn't want to turn back on. I've tried to do different things like to press and hold both the Side (or Top) button and the Volume Down button... (didn't work)

I connected my phone to my computer, and it was in recovery mode, asked me to restore the phone... I did but didn’t work.

Then I updated my computer's software, tried again, and today I was able to see at least the Apple Logo... but then the screen is like dark blue and goes off and this is what I'm getting: The iPhone “iPhone” could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (4014)

Double check your steps here If you see error 9, 4005, 4013, or 4014 when you restore your iOS device - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 31, 2021 1:54 PM in response to lucía0686

lucía0686 wrote:

Hola hola!

Double check your steps here If you see error 9, 4005, 4013, or 4014 when you restore your iOS device - Apple Support

The iPhone “iPhone” could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (4014)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.