Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone XR keeps exiting recovery mode

I recently got a new iPhone XR. I transferred all my data from my old iPhone and everything was fine. I was able to use it for a few minutes with all my usual apps and everything. However, after locking my phone and proceeding to unlocking it, it wouldn't recognize the passcode. When I was setting up the new iPhone I put it a passcode and that same passcode for some reason is not being recognized now. I followed the steps used to recover the iPhone using my Mac, but the iPhone keeps exiting recovery mode. Anyone knows what to do?

iPhone XR

Posted on Mar 31, 2021 1:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 31, 2021 2:01 PM

Per https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204306 “The Finder or iTunes will download software for your iPhone. If it takes more than 15 minutes, your iPhone will exit recovery mode, and you'll need to select your iPhone model above and repeat the steps to remove the passcode.”

Just wait for the software to finish downloading before doing recovery mode restore again.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 31, 2021 2:01 PM in response to jea_1017

Per https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204306 “The Finder or iTunes will download software for your iPhone. If it takes more than 15 minutes, your iPhone will exit recovery mode, and you'll need to select your iPhone model above and repeat the steps to remove the passcode.”

Just wait for the software to finish downloading before doing recovery mode restore again.

iPhone XR keeps exiting recovery mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.