Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone x won't recognize passcode

I have setup up a 6 digit passcode for my iPhone X and now it wont recognize it anymore . ….I tried a couple of times …not working. I'm 100% sure about the passcode I selected . It there a software issue? Is there anything i can do without erasing all info and start from scratch? My last backup is missing about 6 months of data.

iPhone X, iOS 14

Posted on Apr 3, 2023 12:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 3, 2023 1:36 AM

Sorry, but there is no other way than to connect to your computer and erase it, as explained in this article:

If you forgot your iPhone passcode - Apple Support

If you selected to back up to iCloud automatically when connected to your Wi-Fi, you could connect your phone to the charger and wait for it to back up.

If you used your computer to back up, you can't back up your iPhone.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 3, 2023 1:36 AM in response to PaulRise

Sorry, but there is no other way than to connect to your computer and erase it, as explained in this article:

If you forgot your iPhone passcode - Apple Support

If you selected to back up to iCloud automatically when connected to your Wi-Fi, you could connect your phone to the charger and wait for it to back up.

If you used your computer to back up, you can't back up your iPhone.

iphone x won't recognize passcode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.