Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can Bootcamp can support 120 FPS (Hz) ?

Hello, for some time now I have been having a problem with my FPS. When I go to the advanced display settings in Windows 10, I am stuck at 60 FPS. However, I see the "120 FPS" but when I click on it, it gives me a black screen and reappears as 60 FPS when I pressed 120 FPS. I have tried everything but nothing works (reset Windows 10 several times, download Intel Graphics Command Center etc....). For information, I am on a Macbook Pro but I installed Windows 10 with the Bootcamp assistant. My graphics card is the Intel Iris Plus Graphics 645. Another information, I still have 155 GB of available space out of 230 GB (if that can helps).

I said the same response at the Microsoft help center, but they respond me to say this here.

Thanks for your understanding!

MacBook Pro

Posted on Mar 31, 2021 8:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 1, 2021 6:18 AM

From MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2020, Two Thunderbolt 3 ports) - Technical Specifications,

Video Support

Simultaneously supports full native resolution on the built-in display at millions of colors and:

• One external 5K display with 5120-by-2880 resolution at 60Hz at over a billion colors, or
  • Up to two external 4K displays with 4096-by-2304 resolution at 60Hz at millions of colors

Thunderbolt 3 digital video output

• Native DisplayPort output over USB‑C
  • VGA, HDMI, DVI, and Thunderbolt 2 output supported using adapters (sold separately)

Your GPU does not support 120Hz video output. In most cases, Macs do not support 120Hz video yet. Some gaming PC laptops do.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 1, 2021 6:18 AM in response to MunyxMC

From MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2020, Two Thunderbolt 3 ports) - Technical Specifications,

Video Support

Simultaneously supports full native resolution on the built-in display at millions of colors and:

• One external 5K display with 5120-by-2880 resolution at 60Hz at over a billion colors, or
  • Up to two external 4K displays with 4096-by-2304 resolution at 60Hz at millions of colors

Thunderbolt 3 digital video output

• Native DisplayPort output over USB‑C
  • VGA, HDMI, DVI, and Thunderbolt 2 output supported using adapters (sold separately)

Your GPU does not support 120Hz video output. In most cases, Macs do not support 120Hz video yet. Some gaming PC laptops do.

Can Bootcamp can support 120 FPS (Hz) ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.