Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I change the description of my email on the mail app? (For iPhone - up-to-date)

The email that is being used on my apple ID, which I'm signed into, won't give me the option to change description. The description changes the name of the email in the Mail app. Currently it is labeled as "iCloud" and would otherwise want it to say something else. Is it not a feature on the iPhone?

Posted on Mar 31, 2021 10:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 31, 2021 11:54 PM

If you are talking about the complete mail address once an Apple ID is created its permanent , however an alias can be created for iCloud mail address Use email aliases on iCloud.com - Apple Support

The description changes the name of the email in the Mail app. Currently it is labeled as "iCloud" and would otherwise want it to say something else. Is it not a feature on the iPhone?

See the section - Mark addresses outside certain domains

in the article Address and send email in Mail on iPhone - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 31, 2021 11:54 PM in response to ellamayhem

If you are talking about the complete mail address once an Apple ID is created its permanent , however an alias can be created for iCloud mail address Use email aliases on iCloud.com - Apple Support

The description changes the name of the email in the Mail app. Currently it is labeled as "iCloud" and would otherwise want it to say something else. Is it not a feature on the iPhone?

See the section - Mark addresses outside certain domains

in the article Address and send email in Mail on iPhone - Apple Support

How do I change the description of my email on the mail app? (For iPhone - up-to-date)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.