Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

icloud

Can I change the name of the iCloud mailbox in the iOS mail app? For example I have several accounts coming into my mail app (gmail etc). I could change the description of those accounts to change those - instead of showing my email address in the mail app. I cannot seem to change the iCloud mailbox name. Any ideas? Note this is not the changing the display name of an email issue.

Posted on Mar 13, 2022 5:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 14, 2022 11:59 AM

Hi KevinRKinney,

So we understand correctly, are you currently seeing the name of the account as "iCloud" in the Mail app, and you want to change that name to something else? If so, there isn't a way to change that description at this time. If you'd like to see the option change in the future, we encourage you to submit Product Feedback

If we've misunderstood your question in any way, please feel free to provide more details and we'll continue helping from there.

Have a great day.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 14, 2022 11:59 AM in response to KevinRKinney

Hi KevinRKinney,

So we understand correctly, are you currently seeing the name of the account as "iCloud" in the Mail app, and you want to change that name to something else? If so, there isn't a way to change that description at this time. If you'd like to see the option change in the future, we encourage you to submit Product Feedback

If we've misunderstood your question in any way, please feel free to provide more details and we'll continue helping from there.

Have a great day.

icloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.