Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple id change and iphone 5s reset

Can i have the apple id in my 5s deleted so i can access and reset the phone? I have the box and delivery acknowledgement receipt from my service Provider..

iPhone 5s

Posted on Apr 1, 2021 1:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 1, 2021 11:09 AM

If you are the original owner, contact Apple. Apple can remove the ID  if provided the required paperwork. 

Request additional support for unlocking your device

Either take the device, the original purchase receipt with the serial number, and a photo ID to the nearest Apple Store (if it has reopened)

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple.    

or contact Apple ID Support. 

Apple ID - Official Apple Support.    

Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security - Apple Support.      (Link doesn’t always load)   

Get Support   https://getsupport.apple.com        Work through the screens to get a chat option. 

Apple Support schedule phone call        

https://twitter.com/AppleSupport       People have posted it may take an hour or more to get a response.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 1, 2021 11:09 AM in response to Mogs1003

If you are the original owner, contact Apple. Apple can remove the ID  if provided the required paperwork. 

Request additional support for unlocking your device

Either take the device, the original purchase receipt with the serial number, and a photo ID to the nearest Apple Store (if it has reopened)

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple.    

or contact Apple ID Support. 

Apple ID - Official Apple Support.    

Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security - Apple Support.      (Link doesn’t always load)   

Get Support   https://getsupport.apple.com        Work through the screens to get a chat option. 

Apple Support schedule phone call        

https://twitter.com/AppleSupport       People have posted it may take an hour or more to get a response.

Apr 23, 2021 9:46 AM in response to Mogs1003

I sent the attached Photos proving the iphone 5 was issued/ delivered to me in 2013 as Globes's retention plAn. I also have the original box of the unit.

please reset my phone.

I disagree with apples assumption that ownership of the phone is presumed to be the person whose AppleID in the device' settings.?

I am resending the pictures for you to see the delivery note of the unit is addressed to me. And the box is still with me.

the current apple id linked to the Phone is that of my step son who has left without returning to me the phone reset. I just lent him the phone. He does not own it. I am the owner. Please remove his apple Id link to the phone so i can perform a factory reset.

[Image Edited by Moderator to Remove Personal Information]

Jun 11, 2021 5:35 AM in response to Eric Root

Dear Sir,

Finally as covid 19 restrictions are lighter, i visited 2 apple stores near my place of residence and work to show them documents that will prove I am the first owner of this unit and i have not sold it to anyone.

Unfortunately, since I did not get the unit from them they could not give me a receipt and suggested I go to my service provider (Globe Telecom) who issued me this phone as a retention plan to maintain my postpaid account.

They issued me a letter confirming this unit was issued by them to me. They would no longer provide an official receipt since this was too long ago.

They do not have the capability of resetting phones and that Apple support should be able to perform the reset.

i have the certification from Globe, Delivery Receipt, i am still am using the Apple ID and pthe celphone number when this phone was given to me, I have the box and the device itself to prove that this unit is mine from the start. If I am not the owner, I will not have all of this with me.

Please help me get this phone reset. This is the only unit i did not sell after the end of the 24 months lock-in period. I had an Iphone 4S before this this 5S and 2 units after, a 6S plus and an Iphone X. Now I have a 11pro max.

I can provide you the details of this iphone 11 and contact details should anyone contact you claiming they own this 5s and that it was lost or stolen.

I pride the iphone for its durability and unbreakable device security system. But with such, the support of Apple should in create an easy, accessible system and site where these kinds of problems may arise and easily be resolved. Whether it be through your website, itunes or icloud.

The security features are good but it should not go to the extent of depriving us of access and use given such instance as explained to you.

I await your reply on anything else I can do to get this phone usable again.

Thank you.

Apple id change and iphone 5s reset

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.