Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to remove Apple ID from iPhone

How can I wipe my old Apple ID off of my phone and start a new one

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone SE (2nd generation)

Posted on Mar 9, 2023 11:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 9, 2023 3:56 PM

If you don't want to use your Apple ID anymore, you must know first that everything you have bought from apps, music, movies, books, etc. on that Apple ID you will lose access to everything. The same applies to what you have in iCloud, such as photos, contacts, calendar, etc. You must also remember that if you have any active subscriptions, they must be terminated, this also applies to iCloud+

Pictures, files from iCloud Drive can be downloaded from iCloud's Web Page to your computer. You can also export your contacts so you can import them again to a new Apple ID. You will have to manually copy notes into a document on your computer → https://icloud.com

You can cancel your current subscriptions here:

Settings Apple IDSubscriptions

If you have an active iCloud+ subscription, you can see how to cancel it here:

Downgrade or cancel your iCloud+ plan - Apple Support

When all subscriptions have been canceled and you have saved what you want from iCloud, you must deactivate Find My iPhone first.

You do this here:

Settings Apple IDFind Find My iPhone → disable.

Also remember to disable iMessages, go to:

Settings Messages → disable iMessages.

After that, you must sign out of your Apple ID

Settings Apple ID → scroll to the bottom and select Sign Out.

Now your iPhone is not connected to your Apple ID anymore. You can now freely create a new Apple ID. You can also choose to delete your old Apple ID if you no longer want to use it. This is not necessary, but you may choose to do so. If you have other devices that are signed in to the old Apple ID, then you must also log out of them before you consider deleting your Apple ID.

To create a new Apple ID:

How to create a new Apple ID - Apple Support

Find more information on how to delete your old Apple ID here:

How to delete your Apple ID account - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 9, 2023 3:56 PM in response to BigFloyd5662

If you don't want to use your Apple ID anymore, you must know first that everything you have bought from apps, music, movies, books, etc. on that Apple ID you will lose access to everything. The same applies to what you have in iCloud, such as photos, contacts, calendar, etc. You must also remember that if you have any active subscriptions, they must be terminated, this also applies to iCloud+

Pictures, files from iCloud Drive can be downloaded from iCloud's Web Page to your computer. You can also export your contacts so you can import them again to a new Apple ID. You will have to manually copy notes into a document on your computer → https://icloud.com

You can cancel your current subscriptions here:

Settings Apple IDSubscriptions

If you have an active iCloud+ subscription, you can see how to cancel it here:

Downgrade or cancel your iCloud+ plan - Apple Support

When all subscriptions have been canceled and you have saved what you want from iCloud, you must deactivate Find My iPhone first.

You do this here:

Settings Apple IDFind Find My iPhone → disable.

Also remember to disable iMessages, go to:

Settings Messages → disable iMessages.

After that, you must sign out of your Apple ID

Settings Apple ID → scroll to the bottom and select Sign Out.

Now your iPhone is not connected to your Apple ID anymore. You can now freely create a new Apple ID. You can also choose to delete your old Apple ID if you no longer want to use it. This is not necessary, but you may choose to do so. If you have other devices that are signed in to the old Apple ID, then you must also log out of them before you consider deleting your Apple ID.

To create a new Apple ID:

How to create a new Apple ID - Apple Support

Find more information on how to delete your old Apple ID here:

How to delete your Apple ID account - Apple Support

How to remove Apple ID from iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.